- 280g whole grain rigatoncini or other tubular pasta
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red chili, finely sliced (seeds in or out – it’s up to you)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g young kale, shredded
- half onion, finely chopped
- 50g mature Tuscan pecorino, half finely grated, half shaved
Wash the kale and boil it until tender, drain it and keep the water to cook the pasta. While it’s cooking, heat half the oil in a saucepan, then sizzle the chili, garlic and onion. Add the kale and fry for few minutes. Drain the pasta, reserving a few tbsp water, then toss the pasta and water through the kale, adding the rest of the olive oil and the grated pecorino. Serve scattered with Tuscan pecorino shavings.